Progressive Publishing welcomes editorial contributions from freelance writers and industry experts for Progressive Cattleman magazine.
Instructions for industry experts
Progressive Publishing welcomes editorial contributions from our allied industry partners. Why? These contributions complement the mission statements of our magazines.
By becoming partners with respected industry companies and organizations, we multiply the experience of our editors, increasing the depth and scope of expertise readers find in Progressive Cattleman. Objective, non-commercial editorial contributions help create a more comprehensive resource for producers – our readers and primary focus.
If you are interested in contributing to the magazine with editorial content, please consider the following:
• Editors review and approve all solicitations to contribute to one of Progressive Publishing’s magazines. If interested in writing and submitting an article, please contact an
• Editors’ decisions to offer invitations to contribute are made independent from ad sales and ad placement decisions. Submission opportunities are not held exclusively for advertisers only. All companies, consultants or individuals may be considered for this opportunity.
Editors suggest the following considerations for choosing topics, writing and proposing editorial submissions. Expert articles should do one or more of the following:
• Describe a reoccurring concern or a new opportunity facing forward-thinking cattle producers.
• Educate producers about why or how the problem begins and what it does to impact productivity, efficiency and/or producer profitability.
• Present helpful hints for producers who want to avoid the problem.
• Provide an update about new research or new technology and how it could impact producer management and decision-making.
• Show how current market conditions, consumer perceptions and government regulations influence or may influence producer on-farm management practices.
• Share survey results, in-field observations or research data that pertains to on-farm management practices.
Instructions for freelance authors
Please send a short (250 words or less) query letter concerning possible submissions or feature articles to
. Include in the letter a brief outline of the topic you are interested in covering and some background about your writing experience, if you have not had previous freelance writing experience with Progressive Publishing. All query letters will receive responses.
For a current editorial calendar with upcoming topics and deadlines, please contact an