Current Progressive Cattle digital edition
advertisement
breadcrumbs

Topics

Follow practical information for the beef producer on essential topics including management, reproduction and calving, new technology, facilities improvement, beef quality, and feed and nutrition.

LATEST

“My goal is to have cattle use 60 percent of the vegetation and trample the other 40 percent.”

Read more ...

What is the average hay-feeding period for cow-calf operations in Minnesota, Missouri and Mississippi? Anyone who was thinking 130 days gets a gold star! With such different climates, why do so many feed so much hay?

Read more ...

In a day and time when farm inputs are on the rise, getting the most from your pastures could very well start with checking what you already have on hand.

Read more ...

Animal welfare is a topic of a lot of discussion across the livestock industries.

One philosophy regarding welfare management and oversight centers on a concept of five freedoms livestock under our care should be granted.

Read more ...

There are many websites and radio advertisements that offer services to help “compromise” IRS tax bills.

Many of these offers make dubious claims and can entail up-front costs that exceed the results produced.

Read more ...

Canadian beef producer Neil Dennis had just determined he could no longer farm his family’s 1800s homestead in a conventional manner a few days before a flyer in the mail caught his wife’s eye.

Read more ...